Frequently Asked Question
Unfortunately, most of the questions that come our way cannot be answered based on the initial request for help.
Most follow the style of 'Why has tenant not been charged any rent?' or 'I can't do xxx'.
The only answer we can give is 'Because something is wrong!!'.
We have looked to employ a Prophet to help with such emails but to date have not found one willing to work in Technical Support.
So first start with typing a meaningful subject line to help us focus on your problem. Putting 'PropPack' or 'Help' on all your emails just gets them all mixed up.
Next, please help us to help you solve your problem as quickly as possible by providing full information on and about the problem you have. Below are some suggestions that should help greatly to arrive at a speedy solution:
- Be specific. 'X does not work' is meaningless.
- A picture is worth 1000 words. Use the Windows Snipping Tool or its replacement Snip & Sketch to get a picture of your problem and paste that into an email (use Paste rather than attach it as a saved file). Not only will that show us the exact message, if any, but we will immediately know where in PropPack you are experiencing problems.
- Give details of what screen or menu option are you talking about. Which report out of the 485 in PropPack are you having problems with?
If your query is about a bank import issue then send us the file you are trying to import AND tell us which bank account (the PropPack bank code) it relates to AND upload your data to us.
- We often need to be able to replicate your problem, so upload your data to us so we can try and duplicate your problem. (Master Menu > Support > Updates & Tools > Upload to GD).
- If the problem relates to a specific Property or Unit or Tenant or any other specific data entry, then tell us the details so we can check it out.
- Tell us what you have already tried to do to resolve the problem and the results you got.
- Try and identify the 'breadth' of the problem.
Is the problem specific or general - e.g. Is the printing problem with a specific report only, or with all reports?
Is it just your PC that has the problem or are there others also with the same issue?
- Attach any relevant reports.
- On The Support screen take note of the PP version you are using and include it in your report.
Other Keywords: How to report a problem; Report problem